EDUCATION PLANNING WORKSHOP
Welcome to an Ontario High School
A presentation for parents of middle and high school students (grades 8-12). Students welcome.
- focus on newcomers to Ontario
- overview of the credit system, course types, pathway choices, post-secondary options
- comparison to education system in country of origin, as per group’s specific requirements
- discussion of links between parental involvement and student success
- presentation can be delivered in Polish, Spanish or English
- ample time for Q&A period
If you want to book this workshop please complete the Registration form and the Workshop & Presentations Questionnaire below which will take about 10 minutes in total.
These workshops act as guides in navigating the often-complex world of educational planning here in Ontario. The resources contained in our workshops will empower parents and provide tools to students that can uncover opportunities.
Whether it’s scholarships, grants or bursaries, our presenters provide the latest updates on government, community and corporate based funding options. These workshops are a must have for parents with children entering secondary school and beyond.
Ewa (Eva) Kasinska is an enthusiastic and devoted (Ontario Certified) Teacher, in the area of Intermediate and Senior Mathematics. She believes that combining humour, patience and passion for math with high expectations leads to wonderful results.
After over 20 years of active classroom experience and 5 years as vice-principal and principal of a private school, she is now focusing on private tutoring and study coaching as well as public speaking to promote numeracy. Having spent years sharing her passion for the subject, she impacted generations of students, many of whom shone in math competitions, while others were proud to have overcome their math phobias.
Her genuine love of the subject allows her to broaden each topic with historical connections, anecdotes, real-life applications and enrichment opportunities.. Receptive to general attitudes–the anxiety and apprehension many feel towards mathematics–she is committed to positively impacting the community and improving children’s and adults’ numeracy skills.
SETUP AND PRICING
- Length of workshops and presentations: 2 hours
- Cost of workshop or presentation: $350
- Equipment: projector and screen required for laptop hook-up
- Worksheets and writing supplies for participants provided
- One month of lead time before booking is requested
“Ewa was the teacher that was most directly responsible for my success. Ewa is the type of person who has a profound impact on the people who are lucky enough to find themselves in her classroom. She is the best teacher I ever had.”