Ojibiway Storytelling (K – 3)
Our shared history provides a bedrock on which all Canadians are rooted. Come to understand the vital role of Canada’s indigenous peoples through song, dance, crafts and story-telling. Appreciate the important place that our indigenous culture has in today’s Canadian mosaic. Our presenters provide hands-on workshops that will entertain, inform and educate all Canadians on the historical importance and modern day influences of our indigenous culture.
From a very early age, Aaron Bell, Ojibway Storyteller displayed many talents in the arts. Throughout his young life, Aaron put to paper everything he could which eventually led to Sheridan College for Classical Animation as well as Mohawk College for Graphic Arts Production.
Aaron soon realized that drawing was not what he wished to do with his life. After leaving college, he gained employment at many First Nations organizations from the Woodland Cultural Centre to Kanata Native Traditional Village in Brantford, Ontario. This is when his journey began to lead him into other forms of art, from acting to set design and eventually to the gifts of First Nations Storytelling…
Aaron has shared his gifts of First Nations storytelling to critical acclaim from both teachers and students. His engagements are entertaining as well as educational. His presence captures the imaginations of all audience members, young and old, through his use of voice, stage awareness and confidence. The true art form of the First Nations Storyteller is realized within his presentations. One thing that distinguishes Aaron from other performers is his true caring within what he is doing. From the moment Aaron takes to the stage, audience members are immediately aware something special is going to happen.
His travels have led him on many paths throughout his life, but this is what he loves to do… which is share the teachings and the culture of the First Nations people of Southern Ontario with those who wish to learn through the magic of the spoken word, drama and humour.
SETUP AND PRICING
- All engagements will take place in one area, i.e. a gym or library
- A separate area for changing into regalia should be made available, separate from students and teachers.
- Chilled bottled water should be made available both before, during and after the engagements.
- Presenter will arrive 30-60 minutes in advance
- One hour engagement: $250.00 + travel
- Half day engagement: (2 hours) $450.00 + travel
- Full Day engagement: (4 hours) $550.00 + travel
- $30 for London, Mississauga, Toronto, Richmond Hill;
- $40 – 50 for Barrie, Orillia, past London and Scarborough,
- $35 to St. Catherine and Niagara Falls