READING LITERACY WORKSHOP
Our Colourful Cookies
- “Our Colourful Cookies” features the characters from the popular children’s book titled, “We Are Colourful Friends” and demonstrates the benefits of working together
- Author/Illustrator to read e-book then children to read story using props.
- Students to practice addition using foam cookies. Classroom teacher can choose a math worksheet, a literacy worksheet or an art project to reinforce concepts covered during the workshop.
Josephine Vaccaro-Chang is the author/illustrator of the popular children’s book titled, “We Are Colourful Friends.” Her favourite colour is purple and she likes to do arts & crafts.
Josephine holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of Toronto and is a certified Teacher of English as a Second Language. She lives in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada) with her amazing family and colourful friends.
SETUP AND PRICING
- maximum of 30 children
- Teacher and ECE (or volunteer) will lead one group of approximately 10 children in reading and acting out the individual pages of the book
- Length of workshop: approximately 60 minutes. Maximum of 3 workshops per day
- Set-up: Approximately 10 minutes, in a JK/SK classroom
- Clean-up: Approximately 5 minutes
- Ideally an easel and table to layout materials is required. (If an easel is not available the wall can be used.)
- All other materials will be provided by the presenter
- Private office or space to store Ruby (approximately 3′ width x 3′ length x 6′ height)
Pricing per school for 2016 – 2017 school year
- Includes 1 copy of book for school library + 1 copy of book for each class
- $169 for 1st workshop
- Each additional class is $115 (fees include materials)
- Books offered at wholesale cost $5.00 (retail price $7.00).
If students’ names are provided 3 or more days in advance then the author will personally inscribe each book with a note encouraging the child to read the book to his or her family
- 2 or more weeks of lead time for booking is requested
“It was a fantastic presentation. Josephine was terrific with the kids and they were so engaged.”
This is the best day ever!!
It’s a good workshop when students don’t ask to go to the bathroom. None of them asked. It was a great presentation!