SCHOOL COUNCILS WORKSHOP
Parent Involvement: Linking Engagement Activities to Student Achievement
This workshop will help parents and school staff understand that parent involvement is a shared responsibility:
- discuss how productive partnerships can help advance student’s learning and well-being by linking engagement activities to learning;
- learn about Epstein’s Six Types of Involvement and how to build upon it a sustainable family engagement strategies and
- look at the current trends in education, including the role of technology in home-school-community communication.
The importance of parent engagement with their child’s school cannot be overstated. School Councils are the best vehicle for your voice to be heard, however unstructured; they can be a source of frustration and conflict. Our workshops will provide practical strategies and making your school council both effective and representative.
Come away with real tools to bring back to your school council…tools, that will strengthen the council and ensure it operates in an efficient and effective manner.
Jocelyn is a parent volunteer and education advocate with lofty ideas. She is a strong proponent of raising digitally-responsible children
It’s hard to imagine but at one time, her presence in school council meetings were frowned at as council members find her approach to managing meetings too structured. Little they knew that her years of experience and expertise as corporate board liaison comes in to play when running school councils.
She had been a council secretary, a co-chair, a communications committee lead, an events volunteer and a grant seeker and writer for her children’s schools.
To learn more about Jocelyn, visit http://www.engageparent.
SETUP AND PRICING
- Length of a workshops: 1.5 – 2 hours, including a Q & A period
- Workshop cost: $500
- Eligible for Parents Reaching Out Grant (application content provided)
- It has an interactive format that requires Wi-Fi access.
- Handouts will be provided for parents and staff
Share your testimonials with us!