Astronomy in Action Indoor Planetarium
Feel like you’ve traveled far outside the city on a warm, clear night, where thousands of stars light up the night sky. Learn about stars, planets, galaxies, black holes, alien life, and any other topics of interest during your fully customizable planetarium program. Students get involved as soon as the show starts. They are encouraged to explore what they know about the universe and what interests them from a perspective they didn’t have to make it fun and interesting.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. The pace of change in these disciplines in mind-bending. Our world is coming to grips with new discoveries in Science, Technology and Engineering that will have ramifications far into the future. Ensure your child is ready for this change with our creative and engaging workshops. Our presenters embody a real passion for all things STEM. Your child will come away inspired and excited about this field of study
As far back as I can remember I’ve been interested in Space and especially the stars. The first memory I have of Astronomy was in the 5th grade when I saw a solar eclipse from my school in Cookstown, Ontario. The one certainty in my life was that I wanted to do something with Astronomy.
Once I finished my Masters degree in Astronomy I knew that research was not the route I wanted to take. Before I started my masters I had the opportunity to perform a travelling Science show with the McMaster University department of Engineering called the Fireball show. I quickly discovered a passion for travelling around and entertaining students with the fun side of science. Once my contract ended I knew I had to spend my life doing something similar.
The result was to become an entrepreneur and create a company that could bring Astronomy to everyone. That’s where Astronomy in Action was born.
SETUP AND PRICING
- Setup takes a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 1 hour, cleanup takes a maximum of 30 minutes.
- 1 hour show cost: $267
- Half day (2 hour show) cost: $534
- Full day (4 hour show) cost: $1068
- The dome has a diameter of 30 feet, including the entryway and fan pieces. The height required is a minimum of 13 feet to accommodate the dome at full height.
- A dolly or cart is required to help move in some of the equipment
- Two standard outlets are required to power the projector and dome fan equipment.
- Lighting controls are needed in the venue to ensure darkness during the show (even though the dome is light-proof, a low-light environment in the venue prevents any light from leaking in through the entryway of the dome).
- Combined age groups are welcome. The show can be customized to make sure the content is appropriate for the age group / curriculum level.
- A minimum of two weeks notice to book events is requested, subject to presenter availability. A parking space is requested.
“Ryan’s enthusiasm for astronomy and education shines through when he is interacting with the audience. He has a wonderful ability to be able to explain difficult concepts to people of all ages and backgrounds.”