TECH AND SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP
Stay Organized – Tips and tricks for managing website links, to do lists, homework, even shopping lists
This session will focus on Evernote, Keep, and Google Calendar to help participants explore how they can be used to manage content, quickly save information, create to do and shopping lists, and keep up with deadlines. Together we will take a closer look at each tool, discuss what makes them stand out and test-drive them to explore their specific features.
Our Tech and Social Media workshops are designed to inspire and empower parents to explore and harness the power of digital technology and social media tools to make their families more tech savvy and to support their children’s success in the ever-changing digital world.
Developed for parents who are just starting on their digital journey, the hands-on workshops will focus on introducing new technologies and tools, showcasing their use and benefits as well as potential risks, and providing practical tips and activities to take home. The workshops can be offered together or individually.
Monika Jankowska-Pacyna loves her technology consulting job! She is involved in exploring, testing and integrating digital tools and resources in adult literacy and skills training, with a special interest in emerging technologies. She often works with organizations to provide technology planning, support and coaching services and coordinates various training initiatives and workshops.
In her spare time she works with parents and small business clients who want to develop their technology and social media skills or need help with building their websites and online presence. Monika loves to witness that “aha” moment when working with her clients.
You can contact Monika at firstname.lastname@example.org
SETUP AND PRICING
- Length of workshop & presentation: 2 hours, can be delivered individually or as a series of workshops
- Workshop & presentation cost: each 2 hour session is $400
- Eligible for Parents Reaching Out Grant (application content provided)
- Set up/clean up is around 10 minutes
- Projector and strong internet access will be needed
- Target audience: parents who are just starting on their digital journey
- The hands-on workshops will focus on introducing new technologies and tools, showcasing their use and benefits as well as potential risks, and providing practical tips and activities to take home.
- Maximum number of participants: Workshop 18 & Presentation 125
- Participants are encouraged to bring laptops and mobile devices for workshops only
- Handouts, links and resources will be provided
- 3-4 weeks of lead time is requested for booking
“Exciting, interactive, enthusiastic presenter. Monika created a space for learning that was fun and informative.”
“Great overall experience…learned the basic and looking forward to trying it out and using it.”
“A great overview that makes me less afraid to go home and try out things.”
“Very educational. Opened my eyes to new ways to use technology.”
“Go to this workshop; you will realize that computer technology is within your grasp!”