- Overview and Warm-up
- Why parents and teachers are important in supporting students to be calm and confident at exam time and therefore need to learn this, too.
- About Brain Gym® and the role of the body and of movement in learning
- The Stressed Brain
- The Dynamic Brain
- Brain Gym® Balance for Calm Confidence at Test/Exam Time
- pace (Prepare the brain for learning)
- Set a positive intention for test/exam time
- Practice Brain Gym® activities for calm confidence
- Review and set a follow-up practice schedule
- Transferrable for other challenges
- Follow-up support provided
Our wellness workshops are designed to help educate and guide everyone towards achieving optimal health. Wellness is something we intentionally build together with our families, schools, communities and workplaces, through the choices we make. Our hope is through these workshops, we begin to raise awareness, start conversations and find the solutions and tools that empowers each one of us to take a more active role towards building a healthier and more inclusive community for all.
Fran Burke, B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed. works with parents and teachers to support students to overcome exam fears. She encourages a community effort to support students to feel calm confidence at test and exam time. Even after retiring from 24 years as a secondary school teacher and guidance counselor, Fran continues to be passionate about helping students eliminate their stumbling blocks to achieving success. She has seen firsthand how eliminating test anxiety allows students to feel good about themselves and their test results and how the adults in their lives feel empowered in the support they can provide. In addition to her academic skills and experience, Fran has studied not only Life Skills Coaching but also she has studied extensively in cutting edge neuroscience techniques like Brain Gym®, Emotional Freedom Techniques and Polarity Therapy. Fran is based in Toronto, Ontario where she is the founder and CEO of TEP Canada and author of HOW TO END EXAM ANXIETY, THE ULTIMATE APPROACH, for Parents, Teachers and Students.
SETUP AND PRICING
Projector and screen are required at location along with two tables and chairs.
- Microphone an asset for larger venues.
- Flexible seating
- Set up time required: 45 minutes
- Take down time required: 15 minutes
- Audience: parents and students, teachers welcome
- PRO Grant applicable
- How To End Exam Anxiety, Do Your Children Get Stressed Out?, Does Your Teen Get Stressed Out? : $300
- Brain Gym & Emotion Freedom Techniques: $350
That week we did Brain Gym every day and changed his diet – we all went on the . . . plan – clean eating never hurt anyone. That week was the best in my son’s entire academic life! Now he’s more aware of his behavior, he listens to the teacher and actually gets work done in class, he’s calmer, he can express himself much more clearly and now he enjoys school again. It is definitely a work in progress but I know we are on the right track. Each week has brought on steady improvement. I know Brain Gym is a large part of the transformation, because we missed doing the exercises one day last week and it was noticeable by everyone…we have not missed a day since. Now that we are on Christmas break from school we STILL do the exercises every morning after breakfast!”