Do your children get stressed out?
This 1.5 to 2-hour workshop is designed to help parents of elementary school-aged children learn about the impact of stress/anxiety and the brain. Learn about why it happens, how it affects the brain/body system, the many ways stress and anxiety can be experienced, and more importantly how to respond to it pro-actively. The goal is to give parents a greater understanding that stress/anxiety is a natural response and to introduce a few natural tools so both parents and children can better navigate themselves through stressful situations.
In this workshop, you will:
- Better understand what stress or anxiety looks like in your child and what it feels like in their body and in their brain.
- Learn about brain development and how it will change as they grow and reach the teen years so you can be prepared.
- Explore how parents can support their children to manage their stress and experience greater success in school.
- Learn both long-term and short-term strategies to help manage stress and anxiety.
- Be introduced to MAAP, Brain Gym®, Emotional Freedom Techniques and Mindfulness Meditation.
- Receive a take away information sheet
Our Wellness workshops are designed to help educate and guide everyone towards achieving optimal health. Wellness is something we intentionally build together with our families, schools, communities and workplaces, through the choices we make. Our hope is through these workshops, we begin to raise awareness, start conversations and find the solutions and tools that empowers each one of us to take a more active role towards building a healthier and more inclusive community for all.
Fran Burke, B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed. works with parents and teachers to support students to overcome exam fears. She encourages a community effort to support students to feel calm confidence at test and exam time. Even after retiring from 24 years as a secondary school teacher and guidance counselor, Fran continues to be passionate about helping students eliminate their stumbling blocks to achieving success. She has seen firsthand how eliminating test anxiety allows students to feel good about themselves and their test results and how the adults in their lives feel empowered in the support they can provide. In addition to her academic skills and experience, Fran has studied not only Life Skills Coaching but also she has studied extensively in cutting edge neuroscience techniques like Brain Gym®, Emotional Freedom Techniques and Polarity Therapy. Fran is based in Toronto, Ontario where she is the founder and CEO of TEP Canada and author of HOW TO END EXAM ANXIETY, THE ULTIMATE APPROACH, for Parents, Teachers and Students.
SETUP AND PRICING
- Projector and screen are required at location along with two tables and chairs.
- Workshop price: $350
- Microphone an asset for larger venues.
- Flexible seating
- Set up time required: 45 minutes
- Take down time required: 15 minutes
- Presentation approximately 75 minutes including Q & A
- Audience: parents and students, teachers
- meets PRO Grant Requiments