Family Wellness Evening – Yoga and Mindfulness combined with Healthy Eating
This unique wellness program is broken down into 2 interactive and engaging 45-minute-long workshops, the first involving mindful movement and the second interactive nutrition. This exciting wellness pairing delivers the perfect environment for families, students, community members or faculty to come together and learn new ways to nourish their bodies and minds from the inside out.
Think yoga, mindfulness and easy to adopt optimal health plant-based nutrition strategies!
There will also be an opportunity for knowledge share, questions and interaction with the presenters who are specialists in their respective areas.
Yoga and Mindfulness Program Benefits:
- Promotes positive compassionate thinking
- Builds Self-awareness
- Relaxes and strengthens the physical body
Promotes social interaction and fosters community spirit
Nutrition Program Benefits
Customized tips and tricks for optimal health through nutrition, mindful of the season, age range of group and school climate goals. Food demo and tasting as well as recipes and shopping list provided. Prepare for delicious and creative inspiration.
Our wellness workshops are designed to help educate and guide everyone towards achieving optimal health. Wellness is something we intentionally build together with our families, schools, communities and workplaces, through the choices we make. Our hope is through these workshops, we begin to raise awareness, start conversations and find the solutions and tools that empowers each one of us to take a more active role towards building a healthier and more inclusive community for all.
Ummul has grown up with yoga and has been actively sharing and teaching yoga to her own kids and within her community since 2010. She has been teaching Yoga to families, parents and children at public and private schools, libraries, parenting centres and at her local studio, YogaVision.
Ummul is a yogi and mom to 3 wonderful and active boys and a former marketing executive. When her children were young, they turned to yoga and mindfulness to help their family through through a personal crisis. Reflecting on the positive changes that they experienced, at an emotional and physical level, she embarked on her mission to share the joy of Yoga with other children and families.
SETUP AND PRICING
- 1 Hour session Family Yoga and Mindfulness: $250 (45 mins interactive workshop and 10mins Q&A) **
- 1 Hour Nutrition/Healthy Eating Session: $250 plus $50 food cost fee
- (45-minute interactive workshop and 10-minute Q & A)**
- Wireless microphone or microphone stand needed for large spaces and when there is more than 25 participants
- A large open space with no tripping hazards or other equipment in the room is required for Yoga
- An open space with tables or a counter, a power source and chairs is required for nutrition workshop
- Setup/Cleanup is around 15 minutes
- Promotional material will be provided
- 2-3 week lead time is necessary for booking
- Approx. 40 participants per workshop is the suggested maximum
- All participants must enter and start the workshop at the same time
- Travel surcharge may apply
**Please note these workshops are 45 minutes long each and are not conducive, nor is it possible to break them up into shorter sessions*